Safeguard the longevity of your solar power assetsSuccessful long-term power production and meeting the planned return on investment are the goals of any power plant project. Photovoltaic (PV) power plants require regular maintenance and inspection to ensure that components and grid connectivity installations function correctly. The slightest defect or failure in a minor critical component could result in undesired downtime.
Operators, owners and investors of solar power assets require inspections to be carried out with a high level of technical expertise in order to receive evaluations and recommendations for maintenance and repair activities.
GridLynkprovides regular inspections, performance verification and preventive failure analyses to help you maximise productivity, reduce costly downtime and meet regulatory requirements.
Why are in-service inspections important for your business?In-service inspections are necessary to ensure that your solar power assets deliver the expected power output and meet the planned return on investment of the project. They also help you to meet regulatory requirements for mandatory inspections. Inspections from a service provider with a string brand reputation can ensure a high level of acceptance of your reports and certificates. The timely recognition of repair needs will minimise the cost, ease constraints on public funds and significantly extend the life of your PV power plant.
Basis for Inspection
Like in any power plant, a solar PV plant requires the following types of maintenance
- IEC 62446:2010 Grid connected photovoltaic systems- Minimum requirements for system documentation, Commissioning test and inspection
- The following referenced documents are indispensable for the application of above standard. For dated references, only the edition cited applies. For undated references, the latest edition of the referenced document applies.
- IEC 60364 (all parts), Low-voltage electrical installations
- IEC 60364-6, Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 6: Verification
- IEC 60364-7-712:2002, Electrical installations of buildings – Part 7-712: Requirements for special installations or locations – Solar photovoltaic (PV) power supply systems
- IEC/TR 60755:2008, General requirements for residual current operated protective devices
- IEC 61557 (all parts), Electrical safety in low voltage distribution systems up to 1000 V AC and 1500 V DC – Equipment for testing, measuring or monitoring of protective measures
- IEC 61730-1, Photovoltaic (PV) module safety qualification – Part 1: Requirements for construction